Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him;
if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Romans 12:20, KJV
* * *
Above video - "Eric Idle - "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" - STEREO HQ " - URL: http://youtu.be/SJUhlRoBL8M
".... You can't parody Islam, says Palin: Monty Python star believes religious sensitivities have increased so much it would be impossible to make Life of Brian today
- Michael Palin said there is one comedy taboo he is too scared to break- Islam
- ‘We all saw what happened to Salman Rushdie - none of us want all that'
- Rushdie forced into hiding after novel The Satanic Verses led to death treats
"...July 1, 2014
..London (CNN) -- Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger poked fun at the Monty Python stars on Monday ahead of the comedy troupe's reunion concerts this week as "a bunch of wrinkly old men trying to relive their youth and make a load of money.".........." .
Brian Cohen is born in a stable next door to the one in which Jesus is born, which initially confuses the three wise men who come to praise the future King of the Jews. Brian grows up an idealistic young man who resents the continuing Roman occupation of Judea. While attending Jesus's Sermon on the Mount, Brian becomes infatuated with an attractive young rebel, Judith. His desire for her and hatred for the Romans lead him to join the People's Front of Judea (PFJ), one of many fractious and bickering independence movements, who spend more time fighting each other than the Romans.
After several misadventures, and escaping from Pontius Pilate, the fugitive winds up in a line-up of would-be mystics and prophets who harangue the passing crowd in a plaza. Forced to come up with something plausible in order to blend in and keep the guards off his back, Brian babbles pseudo-religious truisms, and quickly attracts a small but intrigued audience. Once the guards have left, Brian tries to put the episode behind him, but he has unintentionally inspired a movement. He grows frantic when he finds that some people have started to follow him around, with even the slightest unusual occurrence being hailed as a "miracle". After slipping away from the mob, Brian runs into Judith, and they spend the night together. In the morning, Brian opens the curtains to discover an enormous crowd of people outside his mother's house, all proclaiming him to be the Messiah. Brian's mother protests: "He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy". Brian finds himself unable to change their minds, because his every word and action are immediately seized as points of doctrine.
The hapless Brian finds no solace at the PFJ's headquarters, where people fling their afflicted bodies at him demanding miracle cures. After sneaking out the back, Brian finally is captured and scheduled to be crucified. Meanwhile, a huge crowd has assembled outside the palace. Pilate (together with the visiting Biggus Dickus) tries to quell the feeling of revolution by granting them the decision of who should be pardoned. The crowd, however, simply shouts out names containing the letter "r", in order to mock Pilate's speech impediment. Eventually, Judith appears in the crowd and calls for the release of Brian, which the crowd echoes, since the name contains the letter "r". Pilate then agrees to "welease Bwian".
The order from Pilate is eventually relayed to the guards, but in a moment parodying the climax of the film Spartacus, various crucified people all claim to be "Brian of Nazareth" (one man shouting "I'm Brian and so's my wife") and the wrong man is released. Various other opportunities for a reprieve for Brian are denied as, one by one, his "allies" (including Judith and his mother) step forward to explain why they are leaving the "noble freedom fighter" hanging in the hot sun. Hope is renewed when a crack suicide squad from the Judean People's Front (not to be confused with the PFJ) come charging towards the Romans, but rather than fighting to release Brian they commit mass suicide as a political statement. Condemned to a long and painful death, Brian finds his spirits lifted by his fellow sufferers, who break into song with "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life".
Richard Webster comments in his A Brief History of Blasphemy (1990) that, "internalised censorship played a significant role in the handling" of Monty Python's Life of Brian. In his view, "As a satire on religion, this film might well be considered a rather slight production. As blasphemy it was, even in its original version, extremely mild. Yet the film was surrounded from its inception by intense anxiety, in some quarters of the Establishment, about the offence it might cause. As a result it gained a certificate for general release only after some cuts had been made. Perhaps more importantly still, the film was shunned by the BBC and ITV, who declined to show it for fear of offending Christians in the UK......
In 2013, a German official in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia considered the film to be possibly offensive to Christians and hence subject to a local regulation prohibiting its public screening on Good Friday, despite protests by local atheists.
.......".When you consider the morbid, perverse and sick self-labelling of the order of Loyola as "Jesuits", a term which contains more than an hint to a spiritual connection (of course in destructive meaning) with the Christ, it appears evident that it contains a perverse homosexual attraction for the flesh of the body of Jesus, (and you can stay sure that the tales about Mary Magdalene "wife" of Jesus and his alleged "descendancy" is the poisonous juice of such rotten jesuitical obsession for the biological part of the Messiah as denial for his spiritual part). This secret desire, or unconfessable dream, need of an obstetric to be born, and usually this is a man of spectacle:
"...........Hollywood has certainly given Christians enough reasons to be wary. The comedy group Monty Python’s 1979 film “Life of Brian” about a hapless man who is proclaimed the Messiah was replete with religious satire that provoked a storm of protests. And, director Paul Verhoeven’s is developing a film titled “Jesus of Nazareth” based on a book he co-wrote, which reportedly contains the scenario that the Virgin Mary was impregnated, not by God, but during a rape by a Roman soldier.............
One recent example involved Phil Robertson, the bearded family patriarch on the popular reality show “Duck Dynasty.” When it was discovered that Robertson had given a GQ magazine interview in which he expressed the opinion that homosexual behavior is sinful, he was suspended indefinitely by A&E. But then a huge viewer backlash ensued demanding that he be reinstated and A&E buckled......".
"And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him,Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him". Mark 10:2, KJV.
See also Stiliyanov's post:
Offend Jesus Christ the Lord, in order to praise pope and Islam.
"...So now Atheists (and moderate religionists read lukewarm christians, roman catholics and orthodox pagans and Shia) are having their day. Blame the FUNDAMENTALIST....":
- www.dailymail.co.uk/.../You-parody-Islam-says-Palin-Monty-...Dec 29, 2013 - During his Monty Python days he poked fun at everyone from the ... has admitted there is one comedy taboo he is too scared to break- Islam.
- www.answeringmuslims.com/2013/.../is-monty-pythons-michael-palin.ht...Dec 30, 2013 - Is Monty Python's Michael Palin an Islamophobe for Admitting He's Scared to Make Fun of Islam. Trey Parker and Matt Stone received death ...
- www.breitbart.com/Big.../2013/.../monty-python-fears-isla...by Christian Toto - Dec 30, 2013 - Monty Python star Michael Palin says he won't do jokes about Islam for fear of violent repercussions.
- www.jihadwatch.org/.../monty-python-star-wont-parody-isla...Dec 30, 2013 - “You can't parody Islam, says Palin: Monty Python star believes religious sensitivities have increased so much it would be impossible to make ...
- www.reddit.com/.../monty_python_star_wont_joke_about_islam_...Dec 31, 2013 - Not Appropriate SubredditMonty Python star won't joke about Islam for fear of violent blowback. 'We all saw what happened to Salman Rushdie ...
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j--0gzT2rkFeb 13, 2012 - Uploaded by CookieMachinaMonty Python's Holy Flying Circus - Muslim Scene ... monty python 1989 memorial to graham chapman full ...
- pjmedia.com/.../monty-python-star-reveals-why-comics-wont-la...Jan 3, 2014 - During his Monty Python days he poked fun at everyone from the Establishment to Christianity. But thanks to the threat of 'heavily armed' ...
- www.theblaze.com/.../monty-python-star-wont-parody-islam-b...Dec 30, 2013 - The Daily Mail reports: During his Monty Python days he poked fun at ... admitted there is one comedy taboo he is too scared to break- Islam.